Hopeful Baptist Church Montpelier, Virginia
Welcome to Hopeful Baptist Church. We would like to minister to you and your loved ones, and to share God's love with you in a way that will help strengthen your hope and increase your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
We trust you will find this site informative and inspirational. It should answer many questions you might have about who we are. Our Church services and activities are designed to meet your spiritual and social needs. We hope you will give us a try by joining us for worship whenever you are able. I think you will be glad you did.
You will find directions on the easy-to-follow map at the bottom of this page. Please contact us with any questions or comments about our church or services. May God bless you today and as always, as you seek His will for your life.
Come and Worship with Us | Sunday School 9:30 am. | Worship 11:00 am.
Contemporary Service 8:30 am every Sunday
We are currently looking for a
minister. Please click here for details.
A Word From The Pastor:
For nearly two centuries, since 1807, Hopeful Baptist Church has survived the struggle to exist. War, depression, changes in social and political attitudes, financial hard times, and internal debate through the years have all played a part in that struggle. In the process, Hopeful has grown both in vision and focus, and has entered a third century of Christian ministry.
The founding members of Hopeful Church could never have foreseen the moral decline, broken homes, and psychological conditions that plague our society and call our members to ministry today; nor could they have imagined the technology available to the church today in fulfilling the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ. Theirs was a simpler ministry in simpler times. But our Church today does have a vision for the human hurts and needs to which we must minister. The whole world is before us. Our own community is a mission field, and we are here to reach out to those who need the Lord.
At the same time, the focus of ministry at Hopeful is more refined. We are not moving in several directions, trying this thing and doing that thing just to be successful. We are moving toward becoming a single purpose Church. Our single purpose is to see the God of Hope overflow out of our lives and into the lives of others.
We have embarked upon a new youth program which will teach, disciple, encourage submission to the call of God, and involve the youth of our congregation in every ministry of the Church. As leaders of today, we are building leaders for tomorrow. And we are tapping into new technologies to facilitate our ministries.
As we move into this third century of Christian ministry, the future of Hopeful is bright. Her ministry is proving to be culturally relevant, as it has always been, without moving away from the faith once delivered to the Saints or from reverance to our God. The commitment and dedication of Hopeful members are proving, once again, that Christians can abound in Hope through the power of the Holy Spirit and face the challenges of our postmodern world victoriously.
May God bless us as we live out in our lives, and share with others, the hope we have in Jesus Christ.
return to top
About Hopeful Baptist Church
Our vision is to see the Hope of God overflow out of believers and into the world: "Now the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believeing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).
return to top
Hopeful Baptist Church exists for one mission: to share God's hope with the world. HOPE is our only commodity; it is all we have to give. But it is sufficient to give, and more than enough.
- Hope is the need of all who are lost : "Remember [before you were saved] That at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world" (Ephesians 2:11-12).
- Hope is the provision of God made abundantly available in Jesus Christ : "I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you... To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:25 -27).
- Hope is sure to those who believe : "Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters into that within the veil; where the forerunner is entered for us, even Jesus" (Hebrews 6:19-20).
- Hope changes lives : "And every person who has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure" (1 John 3:3).
- Hope is to be shared with all : "Be ready always to give an answer to every person who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15 ).
- Hope is the goal for your life today : "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13 ).